Friday, May 22, 2015

jerimiah 31:3 friday







Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV)

The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

in the ESV it says
I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
 ~
These mean completely different things to me. Normally, the KJV is my go to. I admit that I am a sucker for beautiful words and the KJV almost always is the version that makes my heart sing.
However, I like to read the ESV version for verses I particularly like because I want to understand more about them and reading two versions seems to deepen my understanding.
This verse...well...Have I drawn thee. and I have continued my faithfulness to you. They just don't say the same thing. 
Good old King James tells me I have been made by God with loving kindness and the ESV tells me that God has been faithful to me. Which, honestly, doesn't really seem like his job...isn't it my job to be faithful to him?

All of this brings to mind Luke 2:19, But Mary treasured up all these things,  pondering them in her heart.
So, I suppose, I too will have to treasure up these words and ponder them in my heart until they are made clear to me.

http://gleaninginfieldsofgrace.blogspot.com/2015/05/jerimiah-313-friday.html

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2015 at 7:52 PM , Blogger DELETED said...

amen...

 
At November 29, 2017 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Miaismine said...

Yes, my dear sister, ponder them......I see God's faithfulness to me as one of His great attributes...thus I know I can trust Him always - even when I fail to be faithful to Him.... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home